Taichi is contract “China Office” to foreign companies for doing business in China, which provides a broad range of general support services, including:
- Product Sourcing
- Trade Show Assistance
- Supplier Verification
- Quality Control
- Local Project Management
- Interim Management
- Legal (e.g. trademarks, SFDA compliance, sales contracts)
- Recruiting and HR outsourcing
- Customer Support (phone/internet)
- Financial and Tax
- Warehousing and Logistics
Taichi services used to support Client’s China supplier discovery and engagement efforts:
1) Reviewed product documentation and supplier development objectives to develop appropriate assessment tools for researching supplier candidates.
2) Examined targeted manufacturing regions in China.
3) Submitted supplier candidate list of 114 suppliers to Client for initial review.
4) Participated with Client team with screening supplier candidates (35) in preparation for RFx process.
5) Drafted and launched RFx process (RFI, RFQ, RFP etc) request for quotation, etc.) to identified supplier candidates (28).
6) Conducted series of telephone and on-site supplier interviews aimed at determining fit with Client requirements. Examined business & financial strength, rank and competitiveness within China domestic market, manufacturing and process expertise, leverage of supply chain, global export experience, quality programs and certifications.
7) Maintained database of suppliers in RFx process.
8) Trained selected suppliers in critical Client inspection methodologies.
9) Generated China supply base intelligence for target product lines and export data for US market
10) Managed sampling process with 8 suppliers in Taiwan and China beginning in 2009.
11) Served as Client price negotiating advocate with supplier and advisor of China’s business culture.
12) Developed weekly and monthly tracking of project progress, material prices and exchange rates.
13) Coordinated all local travel for Client visit to China.
Phase 2 (on-going)
1) Oversight of suppliers for initial production, including project monitoring, auditing, and local presence.
2) Local presence to support qualification of selected suppliers including all supplier continuous improvement, on-site trouble shootings.
3) Bridge gaps in logistics and transactions.
4) Search, evaluate, inspire, and engage local service providers (logistics, test labs, legal, financial, tax, outsourcing, human resources, etc).
5) Support migration from China sourcing to China manufacturing to China market.
6) Assist with government and industry relations, scout and engage key stakeholders.
7) Study and transfer best practice knowledge from local companies and global companies’ China operations.